ARS 43-1089 allows a dollar-for-dollar tax credit for contributions made to Arizona K-12 public and charter schools for supporting extracurricular activities. This includes Grand Canyon Youth programs!
Most Arizona taxpayers are eligible to receive tax credit up to: $400 (married, filing jointly) or $200 (filing single).
It won’t cost you a dime and it gives you a voice in how your tax dollars are spent. For example: If you donate $150 to a school’s GCY program, you will reduce your AZ state tax bill, or increase your refund, by $150. 100% of those funds go towards that school’s GCY river program.
You don’t need to itemize your deductions to benefit from this tax credit.
All Arizona taxpayers are potentially eligible! You do not need a child in school to qualify. As always, consult with your tax advisor.
How to Donate:
- Make your check out to the school of your choice.
- IMPORTANT: On your check’s memo, write: AZ Tax Credit, GCY, School Name, Program Name. Only checks marked with AZ Tax Credit on the memo line can be honored.
- Deliver or mail your check TO THE SCHOOL by April 15, 2020.
- The school will send you a tax credit receipt.
- When filing your return, use AZ Form 322 to claim your credit.
Click here for a list of schools that work with Grand Canyon Youth!